Wednesday 19 March 2014

Skincare Routine - Liz Earle

Hello :)

I thought I would do a little post about my current skincare routine. I have been using these products for almost a year now and they have done my skin wonders!
My skin used to be pretty bad… not in comparison to some people, but I used to feel very self conscious with my mild acne. My skin is so pale so any blemish or spot really showed up and my skin looked very red and angry, not attractive.

I must have spent an absolute fortune on skincare over the years, and products worked for a month or so, then the usual problems would flare up

Then a friend at work gave me a little sample tube of Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and a Muslin cloth  and after one use I fell in love with it and have been hooked ever since.

I have since gone through so many tubes of the stuff and also now use other products from the range every day.

L-R Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Cleanse and Polish, Skin Repair Light Moisturiser, Gentle Face Exfoliator


First up -  the Cleanse and Polish. I use this every night, how much makeup on depends on how much I squeeze out of the tube, but its normally about a 50p size amount. I apply this straight onto my dry face and neck, really massage it in - including around the eyes, this stuff does not sting!. I then soak the muslin cloth in hot water, wring out and massage the cleanser off. I then rinse my face with warm water and pat dry. This leaves your skin so super soft and gets rid of all your makeup. The only exception to this is if I have been wearing a lot of eye makeup, then I use a eye makeup remover afterwards to get rid of any remaining eyeliner. 

Next the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. I pour a small amount on a cotton pad and sweep around my face and neck, and this gets rid of any left over cleanser/makeup, not that there usually is any. This product is really calming with ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Cucumber and Calendula, and it smells amazing! I then leave my skin for about 5-10 minutes before applying my next product.

This is the Skin Repair Light Moisturiser. I only use 1 pump of this, which looks like a very small amount, but a little goes a long way. My skin is normal to oily, which is why I chose this particular moisturiser, but Liz Earle do various others to suit all skin types. This moisturiser smells almost the same as the tonic. It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy and it sinks in super quick.

About twice a week I use the Gentle Face Exfoliator. I love this as I really feel like its helping to fade my slight scarring and any redness. It looks really similar to the Cleanse and Polish but has very tiny jojoba beads in. These are not harsh on the skin at all. This is one of the most gentle exfoliators I have used, but it still feels like it is effective. The more harsh exfoliators just make my skin flare up, so this is my go to product now.

This is my skincare routine at night. In the morning I don't tend to do much with my skin. I just wash my face with warm water and apply moisturiser, I feel like that is all it needs.

You can find the Liz Earle products on their website - http://uk.lizearle.com 
There are often really great offers on the website.


Thanks for reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment